Friday, April 20, 2007

Good, Cheap Car Mechanics in A2 - Love Your Hoopty




Many MBA2s are leaving A2 to head off to MBA power jobs where they will make big bucks and then buy shiny new cars. Of course, you may still have to drive the hoopty you've had since you were 19 back to Some-where-town, U.S.A. If you need to take her in for one final check-up, tune-up, maintenance, etc. so that she will hold together long enough for you to drive her back, check out some of these "good, cheap car mechanics" recently recommended by some Ann Arbor natives and UMich students. For the MBA1s and incoming students, bookmark this page as you may need it for future reference next year!

"I would highly recommend Jamie Neylon, owner of Jamie's Lakewood Auto on South Industrial. (734) 668-9339. We have found him to be very knowledgeable, sincere, and trustworthy, as well as reasonably priced. "

"If you're car happens to be a Japanese brand, Joe at Japanese Auto -
563 S Main St, Ann Arbor, 48104 - (734) 996-4606 is the best around at
least in my experience."

"I heard from my friends that the Auto Shop in Shell on Plymouth Rd., North Campus is quite good. Two of my friends have their car fixed there."

"We've found Joe at Japanese Auto to be excellent too. They're thorough at inspections, and he'll tell you what you need to fix immediately and what you can live with. He's also told me that I didn't need a repair that I thought I did, which is always good in a mechanic. 743 930-2277"

"My previous car was a real clunker and I typically had it serviced at Mallek's. It's the gas station at the Y-junction when Huron splits and becomes Jackson and Dexter. They were brutally honest about the state of my car and how long I should keep it going :)" 1500 Jackson Avenue

"I have a lot of respect for Jack at the Marathon station on the corner of Miller and North Maple on the NW side of town. He seems to be able to fix any kind of car, and he's honest. "

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Want this badge?